NEW RESTAURANT IN EPCOT | Best Sushi in Disney World

 



I just signed at epcot's newest restaurant and let me tell you the food and drinks were amazing the service View and Vibe were phenomenal I don't know it might have made its way into my top three restaurants here in epcot's World Showcase watch along to see why [Music] Japan is without a doubt one of the most beautiful Pavilions here in Epcot but I gotta admit the food game was lacking I think this brand new restaurant Shiki Sai will really bring what this Pavilion needs some awesome Delicious Japanese food and if you're thinking I don't like sushi I don't like seafood don't you worry there is so much more to this menu I can't wait to show you guys shikisai just had its official soft opening just yesterday so we decided to come out with some friends and uh yeah we're we're obviously gonna order a ton there's so much we want to try and as soon as I walk up Maria what are you wearing well I you know what I have we have ESP you and me I think secretly and then The More We Get Up and dress a life yes yeah okay so Chris is wearing the phantasmic tea promise went Rainbow Connection and then Maria I mean I mean great minds think alike here we both wore the standout seat now if you really want to stand out Chris got these a universal by the way do I stand out universal they're they're just huge fans of the Goofy movie over there.




 I guess if y'all couldn't guess it we really did not plan this again like people are gonna start thinking that we're lying and we're planning this but we are really not if you guys would like to shop for this awesome shirt the link is going to be in the description there are a couple of main places to eat here in the Japan Pavilion we have tapan Ito which is like the hibachi style there's also a quick service restaurant cats or a grill where I think the food is pretty mediocre they have always have a festival stand and they have another stand as well with some great drinks another stand with kind of like grab-and-go sushi and some shaved ice but what they were really really lacking was a solid spot to grab some sushi and that's exactly.


 what I think this restaurant is going to be once you make your way up this stairs and into the restaurant area you'll see there are two restaurants located here we have tapan Ito and then the new cheeky Sai tapan Ito is just right over there and then right here is Shiki Sai this restaurant used to be a restaurant called Tokyo dining it definitely needed a revamp I had eaten here before the sushi was just okay the food was just okay um so I'm really excited for this I'm expecting it to be delicious we just sat down at our table and this restaurant is beautiful inside they have Windows that kind of change with the season fireworks Golf and the windows the lanterns are hand-painted and we have the most fantastic view of Epcot not only is the restaurant beautiful inside something else that I'm super impressed about is the menu the menu looks insane and they have photos of every single menu item in the menu I'm someone who like .


when I come to a restaurant especially for the first time I always look up that restaurant location on Instagram and I scroll through all the photos to decide what I'm getting so having those photos readily available right in front of me is like amazing like I'm loving this so far we are still looking over this menu because there is so much to choose from from Sushi to beef to Noodles to Rice they have really got it all here so in the meantime we ordered ourselves some beverages I decided to go with the sake sangria I love sake I love sangria so this should be like the perfect combo also side note I love how much fruit there is in here we've got some cucumbers some strawberries some oranges and then something else on the top there I'm not really sure what it is a fruit salad sake sangria let's try this sake sangria  oh that's delicious okay.



 I hope your drink Thomas that's it yeah super light you get the sake flavor in there a little bit of Sangria with all that fresh fruit this is delicious promise sipping on over here are we in Hawaii are we in Japan are we in uh well the Caribbean we are having a very Tiki Japanese drink it's the Mount Fuji with blue curacao but there's sake in it so it's Japanese okay okay it's my own cream I think Chris is also in the running for coolest drink with this one he is juicing his own grapefruit it's so cool this is supposed to be very popular in the Japanese Club is it yeah that's so awesome it used to be here at Tokyo dining also oh yeah yeah so now wow let me take some off the top what does it taste like without the grapefruit it's just water right it's like soft like a box yeah what does sake taste like in America no I'm gonna pour that on top wow what a healthy beverage that's so cool it's very healthy that beverage is called The sochu Squeeze and you can even get it with grapes or orange Chris chose or a grapefruit I think I choose orange maybe if I got but it looks really good we finally nailed down our decisions and put in our order and we ordered so much food one of the things .



 I'm most excited to try is gonna be the grilled wagyu gyoza I love like dumplings and pot stickers so I imagine with wagyu in them they're gonna be amazing but I also got a sushi roll something unique that I had never seen on any other Sushi menu before excited to try that as well as the karage chicken the food is just starting to come out and everything looks phenomenal I'm gonna have to take a look at the menu to kind of tell you guys what we got because we really did get so much food to try I am going to start with the wagyu gyoza it's again the thing that I wanted to try the most sounds the best to me and I want to try it while it's piping hot these are pan-fried dumplings filled with Smoky A5 Japanese Wagyu beef for twenty dollars.


But let's dig in here it's interesting because they're like square and not like your typical like I don't know what kind of shape they are but not your typical shaped gyoza let's give it a dip in the sauce that they have here okay it looks so good [Music] that is delicious the wagyu and the noodle really just like melts in your mouth and that sauce it's like soy sauce but with a little bit of Tang I'm really enjoying this Maria ended up getting eel and eel is something that I have never had before and I consider myself an adventurous eater I love trying everything um so I'm really excited to try eel for the first time it's really good eating jetsam and lots of inject them yeah so it is pretty good I like the sauce on it too I love like a like a Hoisin soy kind of sauce yeah that's good okay like tell me you don't taste banana peel though I do not taste at all but no no no what in the world.



 I don't know promises saying I don't know where she's getting them it's delicious we are just eating a ton of wagyu today because Chris is also letting me try his wagyu nigiri and he said it melted in his mouth like butter I've actually never had wagyu before it was amazing this is like my first time I had it in the the dumplings here but I don't does that count I don't know first time we're calling this the first time I'm trying why would you be for the first time too how amazing is that delicious smell wow it's literally decadent it's like wow that is so good doesn't it taste like a banana pin I was joking next we're gonna try the karage chicken which is essentially like Japanese Fried Chicken it's always super super crispy when I get it give us some lemon we're gonna squeeze that on there and uh yeah dig in let's try this nice big piece right here.


 That is delicious the chicken is so juicy it's uh chicken thigh in there for sure perfectly crispy I love the hint of that lemon I wish there was like some type of sauce I don't think this came with a sauce did it did not that but I don't think that was on no that was on the sushi yeah yeah it didn't come with a sauce I think it needs some type of like maybe like a soy garlicky type of sauce um that would make this delicious but either way without it it's still very good I decided to kind of give my karage chicken a little dunk in some soy I still think it should be served with like some type of like thicker sauce I don't know but we'll try it in just soy you know [Music] I need some type of hoosin some eel sauce situation for this but the soy sauce will do it for you so Maria and Chris you guys got this moving pancake what is it um still moving in my mouth right now Chris explain that this is fish flakes yeah so it's noodles and bacon yeah topped with fish flakes and the fish flakes move with the heat of the pan and there's.



 They're still moving right now it does have bacon uh cheese as well as hash browns basically really I like noodles I liked it I thought it was better this is like a meat and potatoes yeah but with fish flakes I think it's like it's very I think it's too much there's too much going on it tastes like a Chinese Spirit like it's there it's like a spare rib experiment a spare rib moving pancake [Music] and what is this called [Music] rice oh okay [Music] it's in the beef spinach and the caramelized the onions and yeah table size that's cool oh that's neat  wow thank you so much.


 I say that right [Laughter] but yeah that looks so good and when I ordered this I didn't even know that it was going to be served tableside so that was really really awesome getting to see them like actually kind of like make it and put the dish together right next to your table I don't know the presentation was worth it alone honestly but this ishiyaki tsukiyaki rice is 28 it's served with grilled strips of beef and a hot stone Bowl cooked tableside I guess I didn't read the little description here along with spinach and rice in a sweet garlic sauce so I made myself a little bowl I've got my fancy spoon on there let's dig in there is super tender I really like the sauce that they use in there it's like a sweet garlic almost one thing I will say about this is I believe it was 28 and it's there's not a lot of beef in there um but I guess you're paying for like the presentation you know and fried rice.




 I don't know but it's what you do have is very good you can definitely tell though like this is very very high quality steak fried rice which I hope it would be for that price but yeah very good so at the end of the day this is kind of like a sushi restaurant and we're more than halfway through almost at the end here and I still haven't tried any sushi so I think it is time to try some of this Sushi I got one of the specialty rolls actually I got the Tokyo Negi roll for twenty dollars it's a green onion tempura rolled with tuna tataki and topped with jalapeno aioli shredded carrot and sliced jalapeno I think I'm gonna love the heat from that jalapeno I've never had a carrots on Sushi before so we'll see how that is let's give it a dunk it some soy sauce try it out  that is pretty delicious jalapeno on there it's so good is that a little bit of crunch from the fried green onion .


I gotta get another piece in here  that is definitely some good sushi I am really enjoying this promise I think you're gonna love it you gotta try a piece here okay let me get in here I can't believe you didn't get I was already about to chime in because I should have gotten this roll I love jalapeno and I also love where is it can I take this one go ahead I love jalapeno and I also love Kristen's favorite which is aioli but it's a jalapeno aioli you know how good this is gonna be can I try it with both here let me get my own steak soy sauce after you dunk it in there all right I won't go in here look at the jalapeno on top this is right up your alley here this is so so good are your trip oh it's dripping everywhere near me oh my God it just dripped right by my leg if that got on my leg s fire [Laughter] get that aioli out of here bro let's move it away the first the first thing I do so the jalapeno aioli was supposed to be served on the roll.



 I got it without but she still brought it on the side whenever there's like aioli or mayo or ranch or something and they still bring it and put it on the side the first thing I do literally the first thing is I take it off of my plate and I put it out of my eye shot so we need to remove that again and you got it you gotta get this little dripping away from me thank you oh do them again [Music] okay thank you no we're good now Maria and Chris also got something really really cool it's.



Kind of like a build your own Sushi situation so it comes with like an assortment of fish some rice seaweed all the toppings and fixes you need for sushi and then you kind of just like make it yourself and Chris is going all out making his role he's literally making it like a legit sushi roll this is definitely like a really fun dish probably the most fun here like something really unique and really cool you get to go to a restaurant in Epcot in Japan and kind of make make your own Sushi like that's awesome that Sushi was the perfect way to end this meal I still think we've got some desserts coming but as far as entrees and all the apps and stuff we ordered everything was delicious I would easily order everything that we got again I really enjoyed all of it um and um yeah totally an upgrade from Tokyo dining I I'm very very impressed this is definitely like a Splurge type restaurant though it's it's an expensive Japanese restaurant.



 I gotta say like usually when I go to get sushi I go to places that are like six dollars for a sushi roll and stuff you know um but this is definitely a Splurge but a good one at that um I'd say right now this has got to be in the top three restaurants in the world showcase um everything was phenomenal I'd say Beer Garden La celier and Shiki Sai are the top three right now so here are all the desserts we've got these soft serve green tea ice cream we've also got the mango mousse cake as well as the Yuzu cheesecake okay we're gonna start with the matcha green tea ice cream because it is quickly a melting oh that is really good I don't think I've ever had like green tea ice cream before now you have well no that's like I would have the best green tea ice cream I've ever had the best green tea ice cream you've ever had you get it a lot this is like this is really glad I get to try it oh Tristan happy birthday.



    Before I went to try my cheesecake they started singing happy birthday and I was worried that they told them it was my birthday good job okay but let's try this Yuzu cheesecake it looks like oh yeah we've got a little little like glaze on top that is so tarp but so good did you try this yet no but have you ever seen cheesecake so yellow like it's just really yellow and like creamy oh my God that is delicious now for the mango mousse cake hmm I'm very oh that mango filling on the inside is so good I am so impressed by all these desserts they're also light and refreshing with just a little bit of sweetness I really love all three honestly so I came back I don't know how I decide which dessert to get because I'd want them all again all the desserts were honestly so unlike anything I've had before I I would have to agree with you Maria the Yuzu cheesecake is unlike anything I've tried before I think that was my favorite although again really loved all three but that cheesecake so different well guys we are making our way our way out into the Great Outdoors and warm humid app at the weather that was seriously such a fantastic meal so let's do a little recap my favorite bite of the night had to be that wagyu uh to the wagyu's the Sheep 



I forget what it was the wagyu what was it sashimi I guess the wagyu on the rice yeah kind of I guess I don't know uh but that was so so good of course with any wagyu it just like melts and uh yeah it was my first time having wagyu and guys I don't know if I'll ever be able to turn back the sushi roll that I got I loved the only thing I'd say is I wish there was like maybe like instead of like the green onion tempura maybe there was like


Green onion tempura and shrimp tempura inside um but yeah that roll was delicious I definitely get it again the rice that I got was a little little pricey but the table side presentation was so fun and yeah it was just such a relaxing meal like the music the vibe inside the view was perfect for people watching we didn't feel rushed at all I love like a good dining experience where you just kind of sit there and enjoy and you lose track of time and that's exactly what happened we were in there for like over three hours um but yeah we were enjoying it so much that we were just relaxing and just having a great time.


 it  was really good and another thing that is super impressive is that this restaurant is still in a soft opening so if this was the soft opening that we got I can't imagine what it's gonna be like when it actually opened which is sometime in later August I believe you'll be able to start making reservations but right now it's kind of just walk up and uh yeah we didn't have any trouble getting a table at all I will without a doubt be back to Shiki Sai hopefully very very soon I want to give a shout out to everyone who's joined my patreon we have Mulligan Daniel Adam and Jen Harold Angela Danielle Wayne the Latham Thomas family Linda Armando Loco Tracy Leah John Paul Dustin Nancy Cara Jeremy Barbara Lisa Paul Misty Abdullah Ashley and Lindsay.



 I really appreciate all you guys if anyone else would like to join my patreon the link it's gonna be right down there in the description but yeah thank you guys so much for watching a meal well spent with great friends great food great service great views great Ambiance I can go on and on but it was really that good guys plan on checking out this restaurant this brand new restaurant in Japan I love Japanese food I'm sure a lot of you guys do as well.



Comments